10.9.13

The Little Prince

"But if you tame me,
then we shall need each other.
To me, you will be unique
in all the world.
To you, I shall be unique 
in all the world."
-  Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

 
I have two copies of this book. One being the original and the other with the signature penguin cover. They were both specifically bought as birthday presents for me for two different ages. They were also both bought by two of my Tita's in my church that have continued to bless my family as I grew up. Though I couldn't understand much of the book when it was first gifted to me in primary school, the essence of the story had never changed unlike myself when I re-read it again during my last few high-school years. It spoke deeply of narrow-mindedness, innocence, responsibility, exploration and spiritual fulfilment -all accompanied by illustrations throughout the book. It's a wonderful read even though it took me various times to understand. 
I feel as if there is never a better time to visit Pipemakers and take a few snaps with Peter. In fact, just a few metres away from the tree that we usually sit under is a bench that we rested our belongings and a bicycle saloon which was open. It felt slightly strange having someone that close watch us take pictures yet, I didn't mind at all. Just a glint of a smile or two every time I caught the man taking a quick glance in our direction. And may I say, my man is looking more than mighty fine.
Shoes: ASOS// Dress: Duchess// Cardigan: Cocolatte

No comments: