7.7.11

New Zealand Day 1

I'm safe, I'm sound and I'm slightly cold. Although, I'm sharing a bed with Kusi which has an electric bed that pretty much warms me up. The warmth it gives us is very much as satisfying as their grandparent's cooking. One thing I've learned about the two elders is that I'm pretty well fed over here. So am I at home, but I think that if I don't end up excersing here, gaining weight is an easy result due to the eager consumption of their food.

The flight last night seemed too long since I wasn't sitting with Ink during flight. My heart began racing during our take off and landing. I've never actually felt so nervous about flying on a plane in my life. The lack of liquids that I failed to drink beforehand lead to a headache that almost felt neverending. I was flushed and sick before the plane even started moving and what was worse was that the heat of every person on board just kept contributing to the awful temperature that I was feeling thjat moment. Landing was also very odd but it was normal. I always get those butterflies in my stomache when the plane drop a couple of meters in height. We spent a good half hour looking for Ink's grandad's car seeing as he's getting slightly forgetful due to his age. But we managed to find it in time before the frost took over my fingers and toes completely. The drive home was amazing. The skies were so clear. Clearer than the skies at my Auntie's old farm where there were no lights around. The stars slowly danced in the moonlight, glittering and winking away. The prettiest sky I've ever seen.

We got to the house and mind you, it's such an adorable house. They have a trailer in the front and a small veggie garden in the back. Such a perfect house for an old couple. I walked through the hallways and I couldn't help but giggle as I walked passed some baby photos of Kusi, Ink and Mateo. Even Julie looking mighty fine. There are so many photos of grandchildren, very intruiging stories as I walk by since their grandmother gives her time to tell me about them. Ink, John and I sat at the kitchen table, trying to figure out a puzzle that Kusi had started a couple of hours beforehand. I was bemused at the time as my neck took a break from the puzzle on the table. 2am it read. It was only 10 in Australia and that's why I wasn't feeling tired. I was exhausted from carrying bags, but not tired.

Today, we tried to finish off a puzzle together. And when it all became too much, we went to the park. I've never actually played in a park with "friends" in a long time. I feel like I've missed the fun and joy that comes from just acting and being a kid. These days, I don't get much energy since I'm either at home, "homeworking", blogging, playing/singing to music or sewing. Kusi and Mateo are two unique characters. In fact, Ink, Kusi and Mateo have completely different personalities and not one of them is the same. Pretty awesome.

When we got back from the park, it was time to eat again. After eating, Kusi and I helped put things away and then we all continued with the silly puzzle of the Golden Gate Bridge. By now the puzzle seemed very much like homework so I gave up. We went out and  came back afterwards. Then Kusi turned the electric blanket on and somehow, all four of us managed to fit into this bed playing a hidden objects game that I bought a while ago. It was a great game, the puzzles were more interesting than the Golden Gate Bridge which we are still yet to finish. Once we finished playing, it was time to eat... again. Sausages alongside some L&P which is apparently THE famous drink here in NZ. Their Cha Cha cooks such delicious meals but she has poor eyesight and as a result, she cooked a slug in with her cabbages. Yep, someone could have eaten that slug. It was funny, but off putting.

Packed everything away and then, dessert. Boysenberry ice-cream with cream and more L&P and then some more of this silly puzzle. But since I had already given up on it I went to watch Supernatural with Ink and Mateo, and then Kusi joined not too long afterwards since she was busy with homework.

Tomorrow we visit a knitting collection where there will be old ladies knitting things for children in need. Also, I think we're going to have a good look around the town tomorrow. I hope my parents read this.

PS. inserting images isn't working.

No comments: